Monday, April 4, 2016

4/4/2016 (Day 95) Ants on a Snow Day

Ants on a snow day
Crawling on the tabletop.
But it's cold outside! 
~Amie

Today I discovered that the little tiny ants that seem to come every Spring had shown up, just in time for the snow day. Funny thing is that they didn't show up where the food is, but were in the living room, where I have my computer and writing table set up. It's on a big old gateleg table that was my mom's. The first one of two aren't so bad...they're even kind of cute...but the they just keep coming and then it starts to get annoying and then I start finding them more and more and sometimes find em crawling on me and then it's all out war to get rid of em. I looked up natural ant deterrents and found a great post that seemed to have many good suggestions....several of which I had on hand (which is a good thing since I was not about to go out in the snow to get anything else...lol). So, I took the everything apart and moved the table to find where they were coming in. I think I found the spot, and I used cinnamon, diatomaceous earth and baking soda around the area they seemed to be coming in from (I figured why not use all three since none of em were toxic), and a spray with peppermint and cinnamon oil in it to spray all around the area and put some of the cinnamon oil between the cracks in the table. It smells awesome in here, and I have not seen another ant all afternoon. I'll let ya know how it works. Here's the link to the post http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/13-natural-remedies-for-the-ant-invasion. Now I'm all itchy...lol. 



And what does Ant have to teach us??? 
ANT
 
Patience, Order, Discipline
A person with an ant totem is active,
community-minded who sees future needs.
You are a planner
but content to build your dreams slowly over time.
You are content in knowing that everything will come to you in time.
 
 
The ant teaches you how to become the architect of your life.
The greatest success comes with persistence.
The ant shows you how to work with others.
Ask yourself if you are making things harder than they need to be.
Are you being patient with your own and others' efforts?
Using discipline, you can lay a foundation for success.
The ant is the promise of success through effort.

What a great message. Thank you little ants ;) 
Have a great night my friends <3 

1 comment: