Saturday, April 9, 2016

4/9/2016 (Day 100) Happy 100th Day


Today marks the 100th day of 2016, and the 103rd day of my blogging ''career." For those of you who have been following the blog regularly, I thank you for being here with me as I undergo this journey of creation. After 103 entries, I would say I feel like an awkward blogger at best...like I'm still not quite sure what I am doing here and have the tendency to feel as though I am somehow underachieving and should write bigger and better entries most days. I must admit, I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, and for only having missed 2 nights of posting out of 100 so far (with a couple of other nights having been posts simply saying, ''Sorry, I'm too tired") I was surprised to discover how much time and energy it takes to do this every night, and have developed a respect for the dedication and commitment of those who publish blogs, especially on a daily basis. Some people put out some really in depth stuff every day, and I find myself really admiring these bloggers since learning how much it takes to write each entry. Some days it's easy to come up with something to write about and others I sit here staring at a blank screen unable to think of a single thing to say. I was surprised to find how long it can take to come up with just a few paragraphs of well written ''bloggary,'' even when I am really tapped into something that I'm passionate about.


Through sharing the cycles, seasons, celebrations and happenings of the wheel of the year, I am deepening my own connection to these cycles and to my understanding of the wheel and the meaning of each aspect and reaffirming my commitment to honoring the cycles of Gaia. I love sharing this information with all of you and enjoy writing about the milestones and cycles! And I have learned more about the Haiku and come to greatly appreciate it for it's simple elegance and how it allows me to feel as though I've still written something, created something, but with much less time and effort than prose affords. On days that I ''blog-ku" I sometimes feel as though I'm somehow cheating, but then take into consideration that, in doing so, I am also creating a lovely collection of seasonal haiku, so I recognize the effort is certainly worthwhile. Plus, hopefully my readers enjoy them as well. Hey, there's and idea...365 days of Haiku...that would be a fun blog to undertake...maybe next year ;) No, I'm pretty sure I won't commit to another daily blog again next year, it's a big commitment to do this every single day. Some days I just don't feel like it, or I just don't have feel as though I have anything worth saying, or I'm just too tired, or I don;t feel like being in front of the computer that night, or I've got company, or whatever, and it can feel like a hassle and I ask myself if it really matters. I mean, I have a few ''loyal'' readers (whom I appreciate greatly) but certainly no one who would mind if I were to miss a night, or several, or just stop doing this all together even. But, what it really boils down to, is that I have made this commitment of 366 days to myself, and so I strive to show up every night, to honor that commitment to myself and in doing so I hope to share, on at least some of those 366 days, some bits of wisdom that might enhance this amazingly complicated and blessedly simple journey we're on and to make it better for having done so. I love you all, my dear friends. Many blessing of Love and Light, and thank you so much for reading <3

~Namaste
  {{hugs}}

No comments:

Post a Comment