Thursday, February 18, 2016

2/18/2016 (Day 49) Exercising Gratitude


The thing about gratitude is, the more your grateful, the more you have to be grateful for. I know it might sound cliche, but it's true. This is due, not only to the workings of the Law of Attraction, which states that ''that which is like unto itself is drawn;" but also, due to the fact that once you begin to practice your thinking toward being grateful, you begin to notice more  things to be grateful for and once you begin to notice more things to be grateful for, it naturally causes you to attract more things into your life that are aligned with your frequency of gratitude. 

Gratitude is also an excellent mindfulness tool that can be used for training your thinking away from negativity in dealing with simple mundane matters and experiences. For instance, I had, pretty much, been been totally over all things winter since 2011; and every winter since, I was annoyed about having to deal with anything related to winter. This year, I decided to consciously use my gratitude practice as a means of coping with winter in order to keep myself from sinking into the ''winter blues'' and getting cranky and unmotivated.  I made the conscious decision to embrace winter and focus positively on it. I stopped resisting the cold...stopped thinking about it as something ''bad'' and bitching and complaining about it and just accepted it as something that IS...something I cannot change so might as well embrace (radical acceptance). In order to be able to ''embrace winter," I have had to be sure to dress warmly enough so that I am not physically uncomfortable (it's much more difficult to foster gratitude while physically suffering). And, in the past, one thing that has tended to annoy and make me cranky in the winter has been dealing with all the layers of clothes necessary to stay warm. An old mentor of mine used to say ''there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing," and as a result I learned to layer well and have accrued many wonderful warm layers over the year. So, this year, I decided, right away, that instead of bitching about layering up when I got annoyed by it, I would, instead, give thanks for all of my wonderful layers and how they each keep m warm. So, when I found myself wanting to get annoyed about putting on all of my layers, I simply stated how thankful I am to have such wonderful warm layers. And I find myself enjoying winter more and my overall frequency to be better as a result of this simple practice of gratitude. It really is as simple as choosing how to focus on what "is" in life that is key to maintaining happiness and positivity. 


Again, there is so much more I could say, but it is getting late and I am falling asleep at the keyboard. I am so thankful for my sleepiness and the warm cozy bed that awaits me now...lol. Goodnight, my friends...much Love and Light <3

2 comments:

  1. What a great attitude! Thanks for your continuing positivity!!!

    ReplyDelete