Friday, February 19, 2016

2/19/16 (Day 50) I Am So Blessed....


Yesterday, my sweet little granddaughter came for an overnight with ''Miema." We had a such wonderful time (and I am exhausted...lol)! There is nothing like spending 24+ hours with a 2.4 year old to remind you to stay present and live in the moment. When this amazing little being came into my life, I began to see the world in a whole different light, and I cannot begin to express the amount of gratitude I have for having this precious little girl in my life!
(New Year's Eve 2014)
 If someone were to ask me to define a pivotal experience that enabled me to shift my thinking to predominantly positive, I would say, without a doubt, it was the birth of this little girl and becoming a grandmother (she just LIGHTS me up from the depths of my heart). I had been warned that I was going to love being a gram, but I had no idea just how much that would be true. I have been blessed to live near enough to be able to spend a great deal of time with Phoenyx. During her first year and half, I babysat her for 2-3 days a week and the sheer joy of having had the chance to be a part of her becoming aware of the world around her is one of the greatest blessings of my life. I especially loved showing her the flowers for the first time when they blossomed. And how she began to name things that I showed her...and how she anticipated the things we were going to see as we went on our walks. It was such a beautiful thing to be a part of, and, while I know I went through similar experiences as a mother, it was different as a grand. There isn't the stress of having to ''get it right" or "figure it out" or any of that. There is just sheer enjoyment of this amazing kid who fills my heart with more Love than I ever thought possible. I am so blessed....
Playing with Miema's crystals <3 


Such a JOYFUL little being! 


The very first flower I ever showed her <3
One of my most favorite moments of my entire life! 
4/28/14
In her mother's baby hat 4/17/14


1 comment: