Saturday, February 6, 2016

2/6/2016 (Day 37) Ice

Ice castle ahead
Causes childlike excitement
Results in downfall 

Winter finally came, just in time for the Winter Carnival here in town. The ice sculptures are fun to see every year, and made my walk to Stone Soup Cafe extra delightful today...that is until the part where I got so excited about seeing the castle ahead of me, that I forgot to pay attention to where I was walking, hit a patch of ice and fell down. I am lucky to seemingly have escaped actual injury, but I am getting more sore by the moment and am feeling just how many muscles are involved in the act of falling. And there's something about falling down that brings out the inner child in me, so I feel like I've been in injured kid mode most of the day. I've been cranky and sensitive and feeling a bit off the wall all day, and so I'm gonna leave you with my haiku, these brief words and some pics of the ice sculptures and call it a night. Good night folks, and remember, you're never too old too feel like a little kid. 




Ice fish at the end of the alleyway...


Later in the day, it had melted quite a bit and looked a little more like...not a fish exactly...


And Lindy took this lovely of me and the giant...fish, while it was glowing. 


Snowman on the common...
What on earth is this? It looks like a nutria...lol. 

Bear
 The Grinch and his sweet little dog Max
 \


Capturing Light <3 




1 comment: