Thursday, March 10, 2016

3/10/2016 (Day 70) Flower Show!

Today my friend Lindy and I went to the Spring Bulb Show at the Smith College Botanical Gardens. It is one of my favorite events of the year. This year's theme was Author Edward Gorey's book The Evil Garden:


The Evil Garden of Edward Gorey
"Longtime Massachusetts resident Edward Gorey was a man of a singular sensibility. His books, numbering over 100, feature a whimsical and macabre style that is instantly recognizable, vaguely threatening, but also quite witty. Perhaps best known for the opening animation of the PBS series Masterpiece Mystery!, his works remain an American treasure."

book cover of "The Evil Garden""When we discovered he had penned and illustrated a book entitled The Evil Garden, well, how could we resist the challenge of bringing a Gorey version of the bulb show to fruition? A slightly poisonous fruition, but to be sure, infinitely fun. But beware, as Gorey put it, "Few seem to return from the borders to which I've sent them.""


I took almost 300 pictures! (I got a new 32 gig memory card recently so I have lots of space...lol). So, I thought I'd share some of the beauty with you tonight. 


We were delighted to get parking right in front of the door :) 

Entry...



 On the way to pick me up, Lindy saw a whole flock of black buzzards in a tree...
(Photo by Lindy Whiton)
 ...and then, when we got there, we saw this first thing and thought it a fun syncronicity. 
 And let the color begin...


























 Hello ;) 











Whoa..wouldn't want to run into one of these in a dark rainforest! ;)
(Photo by Lindy Whiton)  

Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful flowers! Much Love and Light to you all <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment