Wednesday, March 2, 2016

3/2/2016 (Day 62) A Not So Shiny Day

Being a Lightworker
Some days harder than others
Today's one of those! 

Some days it's harder than others to be a Lightworker. Like today, for instance, waking up to see the results of the polls and finding that, while Bernie made great gains and is still in the race, he lost my home state of Massachusetts by 1%, a fact that seems a bit like a cosmic slap in the face to the candidate that seeks to stand against the 1% who control 90% of the wealth in our country. That, coupled with the fact that Mr. "I refuse to name him here" go the majority of votes in 7 states, INCLUDING my home state left me feeling substantially less sparkly than usual today. It's days like these that maintaining my frequency can be super challenging and so the challenge becomes finding the positive to focus on.


The fact that the county I live in voted 70.4% in favor of Bernie, confirms what I already know about the Valley, that it's an awesome place to live and that I am surrounded by contentious, aware and forward thinking people. So, for this I am grateful. I'm sure I will feel more hopeful and shiny tomorrow, but for tonight, I'm going to bed...goodnight.







2 comments:

  1. Shine on my friend... Another day is dawning... Its not easy to be a progressive thinker in a world of knuckle draggers..lol.ok.. Its not that bad.. Keep focus on you... The world will catch up... We have to hold space for them..so ready for transformation!! I'm tired of having to "prove" what I already know...I just know...the world has to breakout of the cocoon...otherwise we will not start our next chapter..chin up.. I was down too.. But we have to hold the line... Its not over yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cherish you, my dear friend and soul sister Hedy! Thank you for the much needed encouragement <3

      Delete